Welcome to the Anatolian Shepherd Dogs International, Inc. Web Site
Anatolian Shepherd Dogs are regarded as flock guardians of the mountain molossian-type by the FCI. Large, rugged and impressive, they possess great endurance and agility. These dogs are tall and powerful, yet not massive in build. This magnificent ancient working dog presents an impression of functional utility without exaggerated features. Large size is important, but correct breed type, soundness of movement, overall balance with correct temperament should be given precedence so as to preserve working ability.
Interested in Anatolians?
See sample articles from our Newsletter, The Choban Chatter!
If you are interested in a book about Anatolians see our Anatolian Booklets. Great for new puppy owners.
ASDI has a 2021 Calendar!!
2021 Calendars are sold out, See our calendar page for more information on the 2022 calendar.
See how much our Calendars have raised for rescue.
Visit the Rescue Funds page to learn more
Do you need livestock guardian signs?
See our Livestock Guardian Dog signs
Anatolian Stuff for sale
A puppy in Namibia adopted by our Cheetah conservation project supporters
See more information about our support of Cheetah conservation at our sponsorship page!
You can help support this project through the purchase of books…
Livestock Protection Dogs
Selection, Care and Training
Leader of the Pack
Your book orders go forward toward sponsorship of Anatolians in Cheetah conservation! You can purchase using PayPal or mail order.
Join Anatolian Shepherd Dogs International
You can Join or Renew your membership on our Membership application page
There are many clubs for different reasons...
What makes ASDI different?
Your membership with ASDI helps support the future of the breed via…
- The promotion of the ASDI Code of Ethics — our written standard since 1993.
- The education of Anatolian owners and prospective owners.
- Members agree to abide by the standards of the Code in order to join.
- ASDI in its affiliation with UKC pays an annual fee to UKC in order to cover the expense of additional paperwork required in ensuring that health certification is provided with all registrations.
- This requirement goes toward assuring that only dogs with at least a minimum standard health requirements are able to become breeding stock.
- Your membership counts as a voice in the support of this registration requirement.
- Your membership and other club activity fees help to ensure that this registration fee can be met each year.
- If your goal is to achieve high standards of health in the breed, then do consider supporting ASDI.
- As a member you also receive the Choban Chatter.
ASDI imposes and enforces registration requirements toward the goal of breeding Healthy Dogs!
Interested in supporting Anatolian Rescue? You can send a donation to the Anatolian Rescue effort when you join the ASDI. Let us know if you have other things that you would like to contribute (time, transportation, fostering, etc).
Your membership to the ASDI supports all these things and more.
See more information about joining at our Club Information and Application Page
Please visit our Choban Chatter Newsletter Supporting Businesses
Original Gifts from Turkey for your special someone
Visit the facebook page of our long time supporter Andrea!
- Beautiful items from Turkey
- Directly from the Importer
- Decorative Turkish Spike Collars
- Leather Dog Collars with Kilim inset
- New selection of bead and leather collars made especially for Anatolian Shepherd Dogs
- We also have Leather and Kilim Wallets
- Persian and Turkish Carpets
- Luxurious cushions and pillows